Wednesday, April 18, 2012

TAG: 7 Deadly Sins of Beauty

I am addicted to beauty related YouTube videos and I have many "gurus" that I listen to. This is a tag video that I have seen numerous gurus do and I decided it'd be fun to do in my blog. Let me know what your answers would be!
1. GREED: What is your most inexpensive beauty item? 
This mascara is about 2.99 at Walgreens and its amazing. Lengthening and volumizing for dramatic lashes. But it can also be a bit clumping if you rush with the application. The only thing is it tend to dry so your lashes are brittle. This is semi relieved by using a lash primer. I use the Dior lash primer.



 What is your most expensive?
I LOVE my Clarisonic Mia. Its a bit of an investment but it helps me really cleanse and exfoliate my face. 

2. WRATH: What beauty products do you have a love/hate relationship with?
I really love how concealer can mask my dark circles but it has been such a challenge to find the perfect one that I can use on my own. When a makeup artist (MA) applies it, I look flawless and my eyes are brightened. BUT when I attempt to duplicate the look, it doesn't look quite the same. 
What product has been the hardest to get?
Oh my goodness, this nail polish was so hard to track down. This is limited edition (LE) Chanel's Peridot which is a duo chrome polish. Luckily the Chanel employee was able to locate the last available one at a Chanel counter in Wyoming or Montana...or something like that.


3. GLUTTONY: What are your most delicious beauty products?  I really don't know how to answer this particular question since I don't eat my beauty products.....but the beauty product that smells the most delicious to me is my  June Jacob's enzyme mask...I only have a sample but it smells like papaya and deliciousness.


4. SLOTH: What beauty product do you neglect, due to laziness? 
I bought these multiple eye pencils to use as a base for all my looks, yet I never use them unless I'm practicing a look.  I really should start integrating them into my daily routine.


5. PRIDE: What beauty product gives you the most self confidence? I couldn't take a good picture of this product but I CANNOT live without my MAC Blacktrack Fluidline gel liner. I have to line my eyes no matter where I'm going. A winged liner look is simple yet so chic.

6. LUST: What attributes do you find most attractive in the opposite sex?....This isn't really beauty related so I am changing the question to be "What beauty items make you the more attractive to the opposite sex?" My fiance is the only one that I'm really worried about attracting and he always notices when I have mascara on. I'm guessing he likes thick lashes.


7. ENVY: What items would you most like to receive as a gift? I have been lusting over the Smashbox Photo Op 78 Shade Mega Palette. Its exclusive to QVC and I look at it daily. Its definitely going on my Christmas list if its still available.


Thanks for reading this!! Please let me know what you are lusting over in the comments!!

1 comment:

  1. I’m not that great at makeup and beauty products, but here goes:

    Greed- My most expensive beauty product by far is Proactive. Worth it. My most inexpensive is chap stick from Trader Joes. I use it every day. It is even better than Burt’s Bees!
    Wrath- Hair products- I need them, but I am so lazy I hate to have to take the time! My hair is wash and go, but I still need a good dollop of cream to make it work.
    Gluttony- Any one of my perfume collection. I don’t want to eat them, but they are the most delicious smelling!
    Sloth- So many things, but I’m going to go with lipstick, because I wish I took the time to wear it more often.
    Pride- Benefits lip and cheek stain and Bare Minerals mascara. The only beauty products I use every day. :)

    Great blog! I will keep following. Maybe I will learn something!

    ReplyDelete